Photo by Georgia Sparling
- Bob has been a percussionist and music educator in the New England area for over four decades, performing and teaching music of all styles – from classical orchestra to jazz, big band swing, shows, rock and pop. He began school performances as co-founder of the New England Percussion Ensemble in 1992, and became director and leader in 1994.
- He is also the inventor, patent holder and manufacturer of the RATTLER®, an attachable cymbal sizzler which has become the industry standard and is sold internationally.
- Master of Music Education with Performance Emphasis, Hartt College of Music, University of Hartford, West Hartford, CT
- Bachelor of Music in Education, Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY
- Director of Fine Arts Certificate, Fitchburg State College, Fitchburg, MA
- Bob performed extensively throughout the United States with the U.S. Air Force bands, first stationed with the Strategic Air Command Band at Offutt Air Force Base, Omaha, NB
- This was followed by a tour of duty with the Alaskan Air Command Band at Elmendorf Air Force Base, Anchorage, AK
- He received an honorable discharge at the final grade of Staff Sergeant